Thursday, February 17, 2011

Play Your Cards & Like You I am but One

"Play Your Cards Right"
Life without a meaning is like the sun never beaming,
poetry is an art and I like to rhyme with a feeling.
I hope you understand the random thoughts from my ceiling.
Open like a cut but not too revealing.
Closed with a stitch, but not too concealing.
Yeah...life's kinda ugly and not too appealing.
But we should remain content with our dealing.
Your cards might be in a slight,
But remember privilage is not a birth right, and success isn't overnight.
//////////////////////////////
"Like You, I am But One"

Like you, I am but one.
From the sword to the gun, I am all done.
The ink is always on a run. It forever flows like the river.

Why should we be takers when we were never the giver?

God is but One and Greater is none.
Gave light from the Moon and warmth from the Sun.
Praise God by doing good deeds smaller than atom and good deeds bigger than a ton. The ummah we should be tighter than bun.
Some complain life's never fun..they chase wealth and a son,
but they'll be in the line of the losers who end up in a shun.

No comments:

Post a Comment